Vitamin C Serum Alternative - Discover How Saffron can brighten the glow on your face
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that brightens dark spots, smooths fine lines, and, importantly, scavenges free radicals from the environment, pollution, and UV radiation.
But, you can only put acids on your skin so many times before you see something happens… and vitamin C is a strong acid
Problems with Vitamin C Serum
- Vitamin C Serum is made from a synthetic chemical called - L-ascorbic acid. The concentration generally is around 15-20%. This can make cause irritation to some skin types.
- A study has shown that vitamin C can cause stinging, redness, dryness, and yellowish staining of skin in some people.
- Vitamin C reacts with common compounds found in cosmetics.
- Vitamin C serums are used to "promote collagen synthesis", which isn't possible when done through skincare. What happens is the opposite: you deplete your body's collagen by using it.
- Vitamin C serums turn brown after sitting on the shelf for a month. That brown color happened because the serum oxidized, and oxidation occurs in all serums containing vitamin C. Oxidation is a destructive process (this is how rust occurs), and when you put a vitamin C serum on your skin, it will cause oxidation and skin damage.
- A recent study by the University of California says that - "Vitamin C Serums Cause Acne in Healthy Skin."
So What is the way out?
Vitamin C surely has its benefits. So are there natural ways we can use to get the immense benefits of Vitamin C?
What is the Natural Alternative for Vitamin C Serum?
Serum made using high-grade saffron from Kashmir has potent anti-oxidation properties, just like Vitamin C Serum.
Saffron from Kashmir is definitely, one of the most precious and expensive spices in the world. It’s not uncommon to spend up to four (even five!) digit price tags for a mere pound of the crocus. That’s because the threadlike pistols of which there are three per flower are separated by hand, one by one.
Saffron is rich in minerals and vitamins which include Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Riboflavin, Vitamin B3 – Niacin, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium, Zinc, Carotenoids and Crocin, all active constituents of delivering positive health benefits to skin and hair. Traditionally, saffron is used in treatments to lighten skin tone, reduce dark circles below the eyes, and tackle light pigments, in addition to combatting acne. It is also believed that the Crocin in Saffron acts as an activator for DNA excision repair enzymes.
How does Saffron help to add glow to your face?
Two clinical trials on the utilization of saffron as an antipruritic and complexion promoter for the skin, both confirmed that saffron was more efficient than the placebo, as stated in Clinical Applications of Saffron (Crocus Sativus) and its Constituents: A Review. These trials also provide reasons to believe that saffron assists to protect against UV rays from the sun. In the study conducted, a cream that contained 4% saffron extracts appeared to have a similar UV protection factor (SPF) to that of an 8% homosalate solution, with saffron outperforming the latter. Furthermore, the methanolic extract of Crocus Sativus which includes Safranal, reportedly possesses radical scavenging activity, suggesting its use as a cosmetic to treat age-related disorders.
The shining and de-pigmentation effect of saffron is probably attributed to the high levels of Crocin and Crocetin which serve as an antioxidant. The extracted carotenoids from saffron as an antioxidant prevent many common diseases by taming harmful molecules known as free radicals. According to a study, Saffron has significant depigmentation and anti-aging properties.
Saffron has a broad range of nutrient values than a conventional Vitamin C Serum. Also, begin 100% Natural, it doesn't have any side effect and other problems which Vitamin C serum have.
How can Rani Helps you with your face issues?
Aroha Oil - 100% Natural Alternative to Vitamin C - Rani - Face Serum by Aroha Oils :
Our Prized face serum- Rani is formulated with pistols of Saffron extracted from the high altitudes of Mountains in Kashmir once per year, this carefully formulated oil can help reduce the appearance of 11 signs of aging including dullness, sagging, fine lines, firmness, elasticity, wrinkles, redness and so on.
A rich concentration of Kashmiri saffron along with other incredible herbs like Blue Lotus, Manjista, and Red sandalwood makes a potent oil that helps in natural processes for skin that looks revitalized, firmer, and fuller. Diminishes the appearance of fine lines, age spots, and visible signs of aging and balances and softens skin texture for a visible glow, It also provides rich moisture and enhances elasticity, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and dryness.
Benefit of Rani Glowing Anti-Aging Serum :
- Visibly diminishes the signs of aging and lightens pigmentation.
- Restores firmness.
- Eliminates fine lines.
- Gives the skin a satin-smooth texture.
- Helps to increase collagen production.
Our Rani Face Serum is inspired by the Authentic Ayurveda text of Kumkumadi Oil and is made in the traditional Ayurveda scriptures. One batch of this oil takes anywhere from 90 hours to 110 hours using more than 26 herbs and other ingredients to make this ultra-luxurious and high-performing face oil.